Duplicate Content Ban?

• daiondoroga
  • daiondoroga

Post 3+ Months Ago

My question is........does Yahoo and MSN ban websites with duplicate content? I know Google enforces this issue and simply does not index websites with duplicate content.

Would Yahoo index and provide a ranking for a duplicated article from GoArticles? It's just that KeywordElite provides this functionality and wanted to know whether this would be worth while or not.

Thanks for your time.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am sure they work it somewhere in their Algo's though it's not talked about nearly as much as Google. Bottom line is just don't do it. If it is frowned upon in one search engine, it is most likely frowned upon from all search engines.
  • bermuda
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bermuda

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe it's a bad practice, even if Yahoo and MSN don't get you on that, it's not recommended to lose Google for the sake of higher placement on Yahoo and MSN but I think they discard pages with same content as well.
  • tokyowalker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tokyowalker

Post 3+ Months Ago

yep they do try to not list duplicate content but i think that google is far more severe than them ... if you re planning to just copy paste articles on your website then chances are you re not gonna be indexed ... you need to add some original context on the pages ...
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is best to keep your pages with unique content. Content is king, but only if it is unique content.
  • Fergie
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes Content is the key in google. You have to be different than every one. Unique is good. You are writing content for the guest or customer not the search engines. Make your site likeable.

Thats my 2 cents
  • markov
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • markov

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the comments of Fergie ! Indeed the content should be unique. Moreover one should design a site to suit the needs of the user. Not for search engines rankings.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts