I am #1 for keywords in everywhere but YAHOO!?

• Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I have just submitted a SEO update for my webmaster to try to catch some more keyphrases. I am doing okay in Google, and great in MSN, Lycos, and HotBot.

Now yahoo doesn't have me listed for ANY of the keywords :x Is there something that I am doing wrong?

I look forward to the replies
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

:Bump:
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have a Yahoo Directory listing?
  • Pepsi Live
  • Born
  • Born
  • Pepsi Live

Post 3+ Months Ago

The last Yahoo update wasn't so good, i hope they fix what they did.
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, I don't have a yahoo directory listing. Is this free, or are you talking about something similar to dmoz. I think I remeber trying to sumitt my site to the directory but to no avail it is not up there yet. :?

Do you have any other advice to get listed in the yahoo directory more quickly? I am very interested in that.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep, I have a very quick way to get into the Yahoo Directory. Pay the $299.00 yearly fee ;-)

That is the only way a commercial site can get into the directory.
  • tokyowalker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tokyowalker

Post 3+ Months Ago

i had the same problem before ..they seem to be late :) the funny thing is that after that my ranking went down for some keywords on google and msn but went 1st position on yahoo .... crazy
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just an update on this post.

It has been 3 months since I started this topic, and now I have almost an identical situation as tokyowalker. My position with yahoo compared to google has completely flipped upside down.

I lost rankings with google, but I have mulitple pages ranking in the #1-#4 spots for 20 prime keyphrases on yahoo. Most times 2 different pages will both be visible in the top 4 for yahoo searches, interesting...

For more information, look at this thread http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic70574.html. I cover this discussion more here if you would like to participate.

-Regards
  • anuvatech
  • anuvatech

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting. I am listed only on MSN yet and waiting for Yahoo and Google listings. Any solution/approach to this situation?
  • remaxactionfirst
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • remaxactionfirst

Post 3+ Months Ago

MSN Search Engine indexing site maximum in a week. But for yahoo and google you should have to wait for index your site these search engines.

For google and yahoo you can submit your sitemap.

Try to submit your site on seo friendly search engines. This may get your site index quickly.

Then Try to create one nice article which contains the services, you are providing.
  • bermuda
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bermuda

Post 3+ Months Ago

It seems that Yahoo directory is getting more powerful everyday and DMOZ losing it accordingly.

Even Google recommends a Yahoo lising because it adds to the overal website's value and credit.
  • jandmsolution
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jandmsolution
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
Yep, I have a very quick way to get into the Yahoo Directory. Pay the $299.00 yearly fee ;-)

That is the only way a commercial site can get into the directory.

DON'T PAY!. You also have to pay per click. Just wait and work on your links and maybe yahoo will pick it up. Or just go directly to yahoo and submit your url.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts