Post 3+ Months Ago

They have opened up their free search submit. Get up on it! :P

http://submit.search.yahoo.com/
  • pompei
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pompei

Post 3+ Months Ago

Free, yes -- but will they ever get round to considering it!?

Anyone tried the free submit yet?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Considering it? I know it will be spidered....maybe only to "fill" the spots left over from the feeds and PPC's, but it cant hurt. This is just to help everyone out who does not want to pay to get into yahoo after the 15th of April.

I am just doing it as a test to see if I get any good positioning. If not, that I will be doing the feed or the PFI.
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that the best way to get into yahoo is to leach off of others - just make sure you have lots of links and with any luck you'll be spidered.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes,

But if they do anything close to the past looksmart/msn relationship, which its very close to, the pfi listings will be what you see at the top and the free listings will just be used as "fill".
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wonder how long yahoo will do that for. If thats the case then there will be relatively few relevant listings.
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Has anyone who's been listed in Yahoo noticed that its made a significant (or even noticable) difference in SERPS or PR? How about the amount of traffic it brings? Basically what I'm asking, is it worth the few hundred dollars every year?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

The amount of traffic you get from Yahoo is something very important to look at. Looking through my tracking, some of my clients recieve a lot of traffic, and some do get a lot of sales and leads through Yahoo, while some do not. I will def submit some clients to this network, which not only includes Yahoo, but MSN also., but I will wait until find more information after this change happens(april 15th).
  • masterboy
  • Born
  • Born
  • masterboy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm,

you can try at http://www.websitesubmissionservice.cc

They guarantee Yahoo listing without a payment.
But you have to pay for the service....
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats just another one of those "guarantee first page" positioning" companies. In this business, you can't guarantee any listing. Well maybe they can get you there using spamming, but then 6 months later your blacklisted...

The only was to get into Yahoo directory is to pay the $299.00 unless you were grandfathered. Maybe other ways (i use to be able to get into yahoo by going in through other Yahoo countries), but to get in quick, pay the money. To get into Yahoo Search, it is possible to get through with their free submit, but you never know when. I will just wait till the middle of April and see how things turn out before I make any big decisions.
  • iKwak
  • iKwak

Post 3+ Months Ago

What does grandfathered mean?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Either you submitted your site to them or they found you way back when it use to be free to be listed in the Yahoo directory.
  • alien
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • alien

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't really see any traffic from yahoo. Still mostly from google.

How about you guys?
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

cheers vetofunk mate - i added a few of mine :D
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is not uncommon to see only a small percentage of traffic from Yahoo, because Google still brings in the most. When I track all my traffic and sales/leads, Yahoo is always 2nd to Google and MSN. For my clients anyway.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I added a brand new site...never indexed before...and it was in the serps in two weeks.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats sweet. :) Ive been getting visited by the yahoo crawler, just waiting patiently for results. Thanks for the good news. *hi-5*
  • stickfigure
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • stickfigure

Post 3+ Months Ago

added a bunch of mine :D
i had all of my other sites added to yahoo as soon as google picked up on them. google is the search engine that brings 85% of all the sites' traffic so im not all too concerned about yahoo anymore.

back in the mid to late 90s they were the top SE until google came around

the lack of in your face advertising google has plays a big part in my opinion
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wouldn't it be nice to get the same traffic from Yahoo?
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I keep stats on a website that gets over 1,000+ hits a day and Yahoo hardly shows up the majority of searches to find the site are found through Google.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
I keep stats on a website that gets over 1,000+ hits a day and Yahoo hardly shows up the majority of searches to find the site are found through Google.

Yeah, if anyone uses tools like webtrends, you will see on the chart Google far, and I mean far outweighs Yahoo and MSN.
  • CGFX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Chicago, IL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have any of you ever used submit software, like "Submitwolf" for example? This way you can handle and get paid for that service yourself. Submitwolf only cost $149.99 and you can use if over and over again for all of your clients, again, you are the service getting paid.
CGFX
  • CGFX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is the URL for the "Submitwolf" software if anyone is interested. http://www.submitwolf.net/
cgfX
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you get listed on the top engines, the others will find you. No need for software as its very easy to do it yourself. Thousands of search engines...your only going to get qualified traffic from less than a dozen.

And if you are going to start get into marketing, you should learn about all the pay-per-click engines yourself as it will help you in the future.

Plus, software cannot get you in PRIORITY to Overture, Looksmart, or others...and if it does, I would like to see the statement from those PPC engines that they allow you to get in early. It says Priority 48 hours into Overture or MSN. I can get into Overture in less than 24 hours and MSN refreshes every 48 hours so anyone can get in within 48 hours.

I am sure it is helpful for some, but there are some statements in the site that make you wonder.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just want to add that I am not trying to be harsh towards this software, but I get about 5 emails a day offering this kind of service.

:-)
  • CGFX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's cool, you made some excellent points, it depends on what you are trying to do. As my client list grows. I feel this may be faster to use the software, other then going through all those steps for each search engine for every new client.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Keep in mind that when you are analyzing traffic stats make sure you are taking in to consideration where you rank in the SERPs. I've seen my traffic numbers from a #7 spot in google jump dramatically after moving to the #2 spot. Google has always out performed yahoo by about 300% but in the last month yahoo has made a strong improvement bringing in only 45% less traffic then google. I rank higher in Yahoo.
  • CGFX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

To: VetoFunk,
I was wondering, now we in the month of May. Whatever happened with Yahoo SE and listings after April 15th. Any good news to report?
cgfX
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, the sites that use to have an Inktomi subscription were suppose to be dropped from Yahoo. But most of them went and submitted their site through the free submit or were just picked up from indexing. I haven't see any of sites of mine drop out. I also did a few overture feeds for some clients and am seeing about a 20% roi so not that bad. Another thing I am noticing is that directory listings are more important. I have a few clients that are in the top 5 positions with their directory listing now.

I would say if your site is in yahoo at this moment, I wouldn't decide on paying to get into it yet.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 29 posts