Getting listed on Yahoo ...

• cyberax
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am doing Search Engine Optimization for TunaBay Island Resort.

The site is coming up in the Top 10 for most of the search phrases in Google. But not showing in Yahoo though it has been indexed by Yahoo and showing in the results

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=tunabay.com.my&ei=UTF-8&n=100&fl=0&fr=slv2-&vst=0&vs=www.tunabay.com.my

We are not using any link farms but yes reciprocal linking has been used well but that is how we getting good results on Google. We are not listing any of the sites below PR4.

Can any one suggest the mid way so that we can be listed on both the search engines. :?:

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay Bhatter
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you get a Yahoo Directory listing?
  • eCommando
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • eCommando
  • Loc: California, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I heard Yahoo is old school - using onpage SEO.

I am also wondering how I can increase the backlink popularity on yahoo, MSN, and alltheweb.
  • cyberax
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its not in the Yahoo Directory. But we do appear in DMOZ listing.

Regards
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just think it helps being in the Yahoo Directory. If nothing else, you may get your directory listing in the Yahoo serps. I have many in the top 5.
  • stevegmag
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

https://ecom.yahoo.com/dir/reference/instructions

cost $299 per year for non adult sites.
cost $600 per year for adult sites.

"Important note: Use of the Yahoo! Express program does not ensure that your submission will be accepted for inclusion in the Yahoo! Directory." - Yahoo.

It's a scam, but if you are getting paid to do the SEO/SEM for this site, you need to be in Yahoo (something like 28.9% of all searches go through Yahoo - 2nd only to Google's 29.5% - not sure how upto date those numbers are). You can always pass the cost on to your client.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
new Content Acquisition Program (CAP), which will be run by Yahoo's Overture division. CAP has two basic components, one for smaller websites, known as Site Match, and another, known as Site Match XChange for larger corporate sites. Inclusion in either component will be more expensive and will include a cost-per-click charge of $0.15 or $0.30, depending on the competitiveness of the sector the site is listed under.

Site Match
For small businesses, costs will rise considerably. Under the new fee structure, a smaller website will be required to pay the following fees:

$50 deposit (to cover cost-per-click charges)
$49 for review and indexing of the Index page from a URL
$29 for each of the next 2 - 10 pages
$10 for all subsequent pages from a unique domain

This means a minimum cost of $99 for a minimal submission with the addition of a cost-per-click charge of either $0.15 or $0.30, depending on the competitiveness of the category. The hidden fees attached to per-click charges could quickly run into the hundreds or even thousands of dollars per month if your website marketing team has done their jobs well. For example one of our clients is a small business who's site sees approximately 100 visitors per day, a reasonable figure for her sector. Accepting the 41% of web traffic figure, and assuming she was being charged the lower figure of $0.15 per click, her placement would cost her approximately $6.15 per day. Over the course of a 30-day month, that charge increases to $184.50. After 12-months, our client will pay approximately $2214.00 in click-through charges on top of the $49 submission fee and $50.00 deposit. That's a far cry from the $299 cost of being in the directory, the $39 cost of inclusion at Inktomi (placement at Yahoo until April 15), and the no-fee costs when Yahoo displayed results from Google

taken from http://news.stepforth.com/2004-news/det ... vice.shtml

nice huh? :wink:

also, http://www.content.overture.com/d/USm/a ... cing.jhtml
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep, Overture Site Match. I have a few clients doing the feed because they have a huge amount products. I never use it for smaller sites, because you should just submit to Yahoo for free, and eventually you will be spidered.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Meaning to say, unless the site is an e-commerce site with lots of products, thats good justification to get overture site match...

how about business (providing services) sites? Have you encountered any client who provides service/skills, going for overture site match???
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

All of my service clients usually get in after a month or two so site match is not needed.

I wouldn't do it unless you absolutely cannot get in.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see what you mean. Has site match produced significants results for other sites before?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I get about a 15-20% ROI on the big products sites. The nice thing is that they keep track of every keyword searched to find my product and the actual URL that visitor went to so it gives me a little more insite into what I am coming up for in Yahoo and a few other smaller engines.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

The bad thing is that it no longer used with MSN as it used to. One of my clients lost all their listings in MSN because they got in through the Site Match program, so I am waiting to be indexed.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanxs for the insight vetofunk. having a 15-20 % ROI certainly sounds good. I would love to try out site match if i have the chance. it sounds good!
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you ever decide to, ask for Evelyn at Positiontech. She's great at answering any questions you may have.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah thanks. as usual, I have heaps of questions abt everything :-) will drop her an email and harrass her. lol.
  • Mr Smith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mr Smith
  • Loc: Birmingham, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

the only prob with free submission to yahoo though, is the amount of time it could potentially take for the site to be indexed......are small businesses going to be able to afford to wait weeks, or even months to get in, when they could get in within a week with OSM?

this is one of the problems i have.....my sites haven't been up long, and i can't decide whether it's worth it or not......can't really afford to be waiting months to get listed, but then again i may not be able to afford OSM.....

:( :? :?:
help! lol

Joe
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well most of my clients will wait to get into Yahoo because they do not want to be paying $0.15 per click and a cost for inclusion into Yahoo when you could just wait. It usually takes the same amount of time to get good positioning in Google as it does to be indexed by Yahoo.

I totally understand what your saying though. I mean Yahoo wants to make money from this, so they could keep you waiting as long as they wanted.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

prolly yahoo wants us to run out of patience and go into paying them to be added.

in my opinion, paying yahoo is for businesses that have the $$ power. lots of $$. and they must have some good seo campaign/person to go along as well...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts