how can u get a good rank in yahoo! search engine if.

• Epidemik
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Epidemik
  • Loc: Houston, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

if your domain is hosted with yahoo but is being forwarded elsewhere; i cannot enter any meta tags in the actual domain name itself only in the "forwarded to" index page.....pull up my page ull see what i mean..... reservedcollection.com(no meta tags) being forwarded to reservedcollection.atspace.com(with meta tags)
  • pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

most search engines, can derive the desrciption from the content of the site, and nowadays they are not considering keyword meta tag.
so getting more incoming links can get you good rank in yahoo or other search engines
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should not discount the description metatag when it comes to Yahoo - they still use it

Quote:
Pages Yahoo! Wants Included in its Index
Metadata (including title and description) that accurately describes the contents of a web page

Source: http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/i ... ng-14.html

Quote:
Yahoo! Search ranks results according to their relevance to a particular query by analyzing the web page text, title and description accuracy as well as its source, associated links, and other unique document characteristics.

Source: http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/r ... ng-01.html
  • zealus.com
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

From my experience SE will disregard keywords if they are not relevant to the content of the page. That is if you have meta tag with keyword "Sunday" but the page is actually about "Saturday" - keywords won't matter. On the other hand if the relevance in high, they will be taken into account. I believe that it's a complex analysis, so no feature (meta, title, content, etc) is considered on its own, but the page as a whole.

Just my 2 cents...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts