How to rank well in yahoo?

• Nex
  • Born
  • Born
  • Nex

Post 3+ Months Ago

What are the best factor to get good rank in yahoo? Does Back link importance in yahoo is like google or on page optimization is still the best factor for yahoo.
  • Puneet Thakkar
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you must concentrate on every factor of SEO ....Do the best of all things such as on page optimization, get quality backlinks , unique content and much more ..... i think you must not wait for doing only one thing and must go for all .....because all that is a part of seo and cant get results on one.

Whats the problem in doing total Seo ? Dont just don't concentrate on ranking in Yahoo only.

Puneet M
  • guitarman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • guitarman

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have heard that getting link inside yahoo's directory is also helpful :)
  • David Eaves
  • Loc: Lancaster

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah a Yahoo directory listing can really help, I think they have started putting more weight on anchor text links then they used to as well like Google and MSN.
  • jellybabys
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: here

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had a listing in the yahoo directory but did not renew it all my 1st page keywords went after a week or so, ive relisted it and im starting to get hits again so yahoo does rate their own directory : )
  • brebtp
  • brebtp

Post 3+ Months Ago

A. Put your keywords in an H2 element and the title and have some text on the page
B. Build all the links you can for your exact keywords in the anchor
C. Now wait about 3 months you will be in the top 4
  • Puneet Thakkar
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am working on some keywords related to loan, mortgage, debt consolidation and more ....i am ranking in msn for all keywords between 1st or 2nd page but not anywhere in google and yahoo ...i am still working on the submission process like directory...rss...article....blog ....but i think i have to wait for some time.................

does H2 tag helps in ranking in yahoo and google ?

Puneet M
  • jellybabys
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: here

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure about Yahoo but h tags for google is a big yes, your title should be in H1 and and the main keywords in H2s and think about adding H3 keywords to, so if the page was about widgets make your title "Widgets" make the H2 something like "Widgets In Blue" and a H3 tag like, "widgets are great" so this would tell google spiders this page is about widgets and not a lot else...
  • luffy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • luffy

Post 3+ Months Ago

markov wrote:
The seo techniques may slightly vary from search engine to search engine. Its because of difference in algorithms. But one thing is to be kept in mind...just stick to the BASICS.

the basic for all search engine is all the same, I don't know nothing about extended technique for yahoo..but luckily my website always been listed in yahoo more faster than others search engine..
  • Americantruckbuyer
  • Student
  • Student
  • Americantruckbuyer

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have put those things in mind and made the needed changes in my websites to get the needful rankings...

Now i think i have to give some time to get well results from search engines ...

Thanks and Regards
Puneet M
  • Jaddy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Jaddy

Post 3+ Months Ago

That`s it Nex. They have given you the importance and some of the tips you`ll be needing as a guide. .

Hope to find more links for your site.. . .

Thanks and more time to share with.
  • nameslot
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would say for Yahoo - The Onpage optimization counts more.

While in google other factors have more weight.
  • iliya428
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yesterday, I've submit my new site to the Yahoo directory. I'll say whether it was helpful or not :)
  • TeiraConsulting1
  • Born
  • Born
  • TeiraConsulting1

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't understand really why with certain websites i rank better on Google and in some others i rank good on Yahoo if i keep the same strategy with all of them. The link building strategy, anchor text, meta tags, titles, headers, etc. are the same ones for all the websites i optimize, so i really don't understand why it happens or if Google and Yahoo are playing with us!
Can someone explain this?
  • marblehost
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • marblehost

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the rule of yahoo is similar with rule of google
You can do the same thing as SEO for google.
And list in the yahoo and directory and others is helpful.
  • butternyk
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • butternyk

Post 3+ Months Ago

yahoo directoy + directory submission + forums + seo + original content + social book marking
  • gwen
  • gwen

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yahoo is really far less predictable than google. It's not even as compatible to wordpress as google is. Amazingly for keywords where I only rank high in blogs at Google, I rank higher in my real website for Yahoo. And I don't even try to figure out how Yahoo crawls my webpages. That's the mystery of this search engine.
  • puertovallartafish
  • puertovallartafish

Post 3+ Months Ago

my site has gone down 1 spot twice in the last week has anyone else had this problem
  • drewski
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • drewski

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been using SEO techniques now for around 3 to 4 weeks and some of my keyword searches have been starting to show up early on pages of sites like google, at first they were on yahoo on the first pages or so and now their not even on the first 3 pages of yahoo but they are on the first page of google now do you know why this is?
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nex wrote:
What are the best factor to get good rank in yahoo? Does Back link importance in yahoo is like google or on page optimization is still the best factor for yahoo.

Yahoo prefer on page factors while ranking a website in comparison to backlinks so keep on focus on page factors like keywords,meta tags, alt tags, content, page layout, loading time etc to get higher ranking on yahoo as well as Msn too
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko

Post 3+ Months Ago

TeiraConsulting1 wrote:
I don't understand really why with certain websites i rank better on Google and in some others i rank good on Yahoo if i keep the same strategy with all of them. The link building strategy, anchor text, meta tags, titles, headers, etc. are the same ones for all the websites i optimize, so i really don't understand why it happens or if Google and Yahoo are playing with us!
Can someone explain this?

Well, the main reason behind the all is different ranking alogrithms of search engines. Google prefer off-page factors while ranking a website in comparison to on-page factors. In case of yahoo and msn, they prefer on page factors while ranking a website in comparison to off page factors.

So you must focus properly on on-page as well as off page factors to get higher ranking on all major search engines...
  • weblaunchphxx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

iliya428 wrote:
Yesterday, I've submit my new site to the Yahoo directory. I'll say whether it was helpful or not :)

I think "On page optimization" and "Back links" may give you better result in Yahoo. Do more submissions in Yahoo directories.
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

The best factor for yahoo is the keyword title , density and content. Submit your site to Yahoo directory and use yahoo services such as yahoo blog, groups, yahoo answer, and yahoo ad center.
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry, just refering back to the H1, H2, H3, that completly fuks up the size of the text.

Can you put a class element in it, or can you put a <p class = > element inside the h1 tags?
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, you have to work on all factors but little more focus on op-nage factors to get higher ranking on yahoo as on-page factors have more weightage on yahoo unlike google.
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

has it been indexed? did you make a yahoo account and submit your sitemap to them?
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yahoo started to crawl my site like crazy 6 months after it went live. That was a year and a half ago. Now my site ranks 1 literally for any and every word in my industry. What did I do?

- Updated content several times a month over a year straight
- Use h1 <b> <i> <u> meta tags, alt tags, 4% keyword consistency
- Have my keywords listed at the end of the page
- Have between 200-500 words of content on each page
- No redirects
- No popups
- Quick load time

Besides ranking well in yahoo, I am top 1-6 for my same competitive keywords on google. I have been working my a$$ off at improving my rankings on google and didn't have to do any work really for the yahoo. All the above is SIMPLE!

But a majority of my traffic comes from google....
  • Arleigh
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Arleigh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Search engines have different ranking algorithms. To rank well in Yahoo, you must focus more on doing an on-page optimization on your site because Yahoo gives more weigh on these on-page factors. Better work well in selecting keywords in your title, description, content and anchor text.
  • bluehannah
  • bluehannah

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've read somewhere that submitting to yahoo directory can help you rank. Ive tried it in one of my sites and it works, so maybe Yahoo prefer sites that they already have approved?
  • anujlko
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • anujlko

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is important to have a good developed website. Yahoo looks at on page factors together with off page factors.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 31 posts