Need Help

• sbronson
  • Student
  • Student
  • sbronson
  • Loc: Arkansas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a client that's mad because they do not have a high ranking on yahoo. Can someone help explain to me so I can explain to them what it takes to have a high ranking and that it takes time. They are not very technical so it needs to be in the simplest form,, if possible.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Back when I still did SEO work, I made sure that the client understood that while the work would be fairly quick in comparison, results typically don't BEGIN to show for 6 months and most of the time it's 9-12 for optimal results. It's much easier to deal with clients who are pleasantly surprised if/when results occur earlier than the impatient ones who think it takes a week's time.

If they're not very technical, then perhaps you can try a different approach - I'm sure they've heard of Google and Yahoo and the like, so they're probably familiar with the size of these giants. Just tell them that Google usually pulls hundred of thousands to millions of results per generic query, so it takes time to work your way up through all those results!
  • sbronson
  • Student
  • Student
  • sbronson
  • Loc: Arkansas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.
  • bermuda
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bermuda

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yahoo could be similar to Google in some cases like crediting the backlinks pointing at the websites but it could be nice to mention that the on page items like titles and the H tags still work great in Yahoo sometimes.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts