Overture keyword tool

• MidwestMerchant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

How accurate do you all find the Yahoo! overture keyword utility to be? What kind of search number's should an intermediate SEO expert look to accomplish? I understand phrases getting in the millions are hard for a novice-to-intermediate webmaster to hit..but what about the low 100k's? 50k's?..etc..Thanks in advance for any advice! Also, if you know of any other (possibly more stable?) keyword tools please share!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't look at this tool for a competition rating. I would look at it to find searched keywords, but then do a search for that keyword phrase (in quotes) in Google and see how many results the keyword has. The more results, the more competitive.
  • pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

as vetofunk wrote, we may find the keywords in these suggestion tools and also verify the competetion for these keywords in different search engines and then decide on what to choose.
  • RallyDSM
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • RallyDSM
  • Loc: PNW

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to say that although I am new at this, I can see just how the Overture Search Tool is a real WEIGHT around the shoulders of Web Developers.

I've been frequenting the Domain Resellers Boards looking for a few good domains to develop and you would not BELIEVE the almost cultish like worship of the Overture Search Tool.

However, while they worship sites that return a high OVT rating, they completely debunk the Google hit counts. I agree that OVT is a great source to pull out keywords and see some search traffic, GOOGLE is where to go to get a real feel for your search rating.

I think the only people that use OVT to investigate value are those that seek to DEVALUE a domain.

Yeah, it burns me up a little... ;)

RD
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd say the tool isn't very accurate, but is good for getting a general idea. Obviously if a keyword says 2,000 searches a month and the other says 30,000; it's pretty easy to figure out which keyword you want to optimize for. :)
  • antonyx
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • antonyx
  • Loc: London UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have a question on the yahoo search marketing tool.. or inktomi..

i have recently signed up.. it appears however that my ads are only running on yahoo uk and ireland..

ive tried looking through the control panel.. but cant see any way to make them appear in traditional yahoo.com also..

does this make any sense.. is there a way around this.. when you signup initially do they automatically set to appear to all yahoo sites including ..com?

i dont know.. can someone tell me
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am guessing your talking about Yahoo's PPC program. From what I have heard, to signup for different countries, it is not like Google...just dropping new countries into your account. You actually have to signup through each country's Yahoo site.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts