Problems with site ranking on yahoo

• Santibizzle
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Santibizzle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, it has come to my attention that my site http://www.santibizzle.com is ranked 3 for "lingerie pics" using yahoo's search. Problem is, I don't know how it got there, and I don't want it there. How can I go about removing my site when someone looks up "lingerie pics" in yahoo, and prevent it from happening again?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could always add an option in your robots.txt file to stop the yahoo spider from crawling your pages.

I do have one question - why are you so against ranking so well for that term?
  • GSlinger
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

i checked out his site and it has nothing to do with lingerie pics. i would guess thats why he dont want to rank high for that. its more of one big blog in my opinion.
i honestly cant find a reason for you to rank so high for that search terms.
  • ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

yahoo is screwed... i've finally figured out how the rankings are figured in my main category and why my site is now doing so poorly the last few months... they're counting links from overture!! The #1 site in my category has over 100,000 links from overture and that's the reason it's #1... and out of the top 10 the majority are high ranking overture bidders for my keywords. The other top 10 sites are mainly spammed sites that have fake versions of the same site pointing to them... i won't be using yahoo to search anymore. Luckily I retain my #1 directory rank there but then again, who uses the yahoo directory these days? they don't even link to it in their search results prominently anymore. talk about devalueing your own property
  • ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

FYI I reported those sites for spam abuse a few weeks ago and nothing has been done about them.. nice to know yahoo doesn't take rigged results seriously.
  • Santibizzle
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Santibizzle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the replies!

Hey guys, I have to agree that yahoo has a very perplexing ranking system. I think I put the word lingerie in my site once, referring to a party I threw. Since I know nothing about the robots.txt file, can you guys point me to a good place to learn?

Also, I seem to be getting a huge load of spam referrers lately. Is there anything I can do besides manually block each one?
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.searchengineworld.com/robots ... torial.htm

Theres not a lot that can be done about referal spamming, disbaling the referal thing would be a posibility.
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

While checking with site command in Google, my site shows 20, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... om2000.com

While yahoo shows only one ie my own site, http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=site%3 ... sfp&dups=1

please advise... why yahoo is not caching my site

Kashyap
  • pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello kashyap,
it is better to open a new post when the topic is unrelated to the present one.
when we type the full url in search box, the homepage and description comes.
it is not a problem

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts