Strange search engine question

• NightHawk20
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • NightHawk20

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well maybe it isn't too strange. I recently uploaded a new article to my site. About two days later I was getting hits from Yahoo. I probably about about 200 hits on that page in a week or so. Now, when I search for the same keywords in Yahoo that I ranked either 1, 2 or 3 on, my page isn't even close to the top 5 or 6 pages of results.

Is that normal for Yahoo? Do they just put you on the first page for a few days to make you feel special then drop it down?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• foreststone

Post 3+ Months Ago

for new page yes, but if no backlinks to this page, sure its position will move down, it is normal
  • erikko
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • erikko

Post 3+ Months Ago

its natural even in msn to be such, link building is the best solution
  • weblaunchphxx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Only quality back links can hold the position for your site in SEs.
  • aira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • aira

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a normal scenario in Yahoo and other Search engines.. Don't worry about that coz you're not the only one that encounters such SERP dropping. Like what the others mentioned here, you have to gather some quality links to improve SERP rankings
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is normal for Yahoo to drop keywords and there is always a fluctuation of keywords just like Google and MSN. It is great that you have great hits from Yahoo and for our site most of the traffic is from Google. You are lucky if you rank well on Yahoo and at the same time high traffic.

NightHawk20 wrote:
Well maybe it isn't too strange. I recently uploaded a new article to my site. About two days later I was getting hits from Yahoo. I probably about about 200 hits on that page in a week or so. Now, when I search for the same keywords in Yahoo that I ranked either 1, 2 or 3 on, my page isn't even close to the top 5 or 6 pages of results.

Is that normal for Yahoo? Do they just put you on the first page for a few days to make you feel special then drop it down?
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

NightHawk20 wrote:

Well.......often it happens with articles as because after publishing your article you submit to many article sites and bookmarking sites having large amount of daily traffic and because of initially heavy traffic it comes among the top but as soon as traffic decrease it's ranking go down and it is not only in yahoo case but also happens in Google and Msn.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts