Yahoo competing with adsense?

• reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: europe

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was wondering wath your expectations are of the to be coming new adsense like service from Yahoo, yesterday they anounced that they also would provide opportunities to webmasters to publish adsense like add content for their websites.

End of this year this supposed to start :) what do you think...would they come with better earning percentages then Google?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Once it's up and running, I'll probably give it a trial on one of my sites for 3-4 and see how it goes, see how the income compares to AdSense.

I'll probably stick it on a lower CTR site to bump up my overall CTR on Google.
  • etechsupport
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

In terms of revenues, there's certainly a threshold that their own AdSense Program needs to reach before Google [AdSense] atleast, thereafter one can comment as this is very initial stage right now.

I think there'll be highly competitive environment after Yahoo will enter with adsense program, it can also affect the ROI of advertisers.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would guess that in the first 6 months to a year people will make a lot more from yahoo's ads than from googles ads. Its a tough market they are trying to get into and its a market that google are VERY strong in.
So to even stand a chance they have to offer very competitive returns to people.
And as a result of this google will have to increase thier payout.

So in the first year after yahoo introduce it webmasters will be winners, with bothgoogle and yahoo competing with each other trying to get the reputation.

It will certainly shake it up a bit, and competition in a market is alwaysa benifit to the consumer.
  • etechsupport
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Right, consumers are now much more conscious of standards quality and effectiveness, no doubt the consumers will be benefited in short term due to the competition.
However the employee and co-workers of a company are viewed quite differently from the way they were perceived till a decade ago, I am curious to know what google will do if their top level employees with co-workers starts shifting for lucrative offer to yahoo. Overall the employees will play a vital role. :roll:
  • reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: europe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
So in the first year after yahoo introduce it webmasters will be winners, with bothgoogle and yahoo competing with each other trying to get the reputation.

I'm expecting and hoping this also :lol:
  • etechsupport
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

However overall I think it'll be tough time for yahoo to compete with google.
  • Kantil
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Kantil

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree that Yahoo! will have to offer higher revenues that Google in order to gain any foothold in the AdSense market. But I think it will be quite a while before they could ever hope to achieve the same volume of either advertisers or users that Google has now. You know what they say "Competition is only good for the consumer."

Actually, I don't think they say that. In fact, I think I may have just made that up. Oh well, I said it, so I'm sure I can be included with them. They. Whatever.
  • MoonLoad_com
  • MoonLoad_com

Post 3+ Months Ago

reaper wrote:
I was wondering wath your expectations are of the to be coming new adsense like service from Yahoo, yesterday they anounced that they also would provide opportunities to webmasters to publish adsense like add content for their websites.

End of this year this supposed to start :) what do you think...would they come with better earning percentages then Google?

how to applay to yahoo adsense?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/scp ... t_id=15952
  • Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could someone possibly direct me to a site that actually carries YPN ads?
I never seen one yet, and out of interest would like to see how they compare
visually with adsense.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have seen them and don't know it. The ads here on Ozzu were Yahoo for a few days (they just switched back to Google)...

Aesthetically identical except "Ads by Yahoo" instead of "Ads by Google"
  • Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll keep my eyes peeled then ...
  • camp185
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

About 4 or 5 months ago I somehow found a link to sign up for their beta version. I never received a response. Then about a month ago they actually called me, and asked why I haven't done anything. I told them I was still waiting for an email confirmation they were supposed to send. They said sorry, and said the would resend. I gave them my yahoo email address. They never sent the new one so I still wait/gave up.
  • davidaus
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • davidaus
  • Loc: Indo

Post 3+ Months Ago

It takes month for that confirmation. But once you get their account, you will even smile when you sleep.

Adsense payout is nothing compared to YPN. I also never had a 0.1 click in YPN. The lowest CPC I had ever had with YPN is 0.4 while the highest is above $10
Ho Ho Ho ;)
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I make a killing w/ yahoo publisher in comparison to google adsense.... Just seems that Yahoo Publisher ads pay soooo much more.
  • geegel
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Bucharest, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

It will never take off.

Just look at their guidelines page here

Now what sort of decent ad program refuses to advertise pr0n? :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts