Yahoo crawling but not indexing

• pons_saravanan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pons_saravanan

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi

My site http://www.vbknowledgebase.com is being crawled by Google, Yahoo, MSN and some other crawlers everyday. In google nearly 60 pages were indexed. but yahoo and msn i have only few and that are old pages.

can anyone please review and advice what i should do to get indexed in these search engines.

i am able to see that yahoo is crawling daily almost 10 pages but no improvement in indexing

i should improve the web traffic also. currently getting only few visitors.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

try submitting a sitemap, getting into the yahoo site explorer and listing in yahoo directory.
  • pons_saravanan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pons_saravanan

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have submitted the site maps to both yahoo and msn. but then no improvements in indexing but bots are crawling regularly
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

im not going to lie to you, I have the same issue, bots crawl but dont index my pages, but to be fair my site is like 2 weeks old tops so I have to just be patient.

Your site is doing alright
http://www.smartpagerank.com/result.php ... gebase.com

Ive got a post, im waiting for an answer, about if yahoo will index your whole site if you dont pay them, and how long it takes. its in this forum somewhere.
  • pons_saravanan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pons_saravanan

Post 3+ Months Ago

that link is really amazing. thanks for the details. It seems i need to work more for yahoo.

thanks
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

Np, one more tip, change your signature to

[url="http://www.walkoffwithyourcompetitorsmoney.com"]Business information including, sales, marketing & management[/url]

remove the quotes to get a backlink like this

Business information including, sales, marketing & management

this will make a back link to your site, and the words you use are the anchor text. When people search for those keywords, you will have 1 vote from each post you have made on this forum.

And if you use lots of forums, go and change them all, you may have thousands of backlinks already.
  • pons_saravanan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pons_saravanan

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok thanks
thats a nice idea
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeha just replace my URL with your own obviosly lol
  • pons_saravanan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pons_saravanan

Post 3+ Months Ago

changed and check my url now. Btw can you please review my site and suggest me. so that i can improve myself

http://www.vbknowledgebase.com/

thanks
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would use some different anchor tags, eg words of for your link, because unless people are doing a google search for your name, those keywords arnt very helpful.

As far as checking your site,
1. No meta tags ? whats that about
2. I have just started putting everything I have learned about SEO into one place, ill PM you the link.
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

To get listed in Yahoo are to submit your site to yahoo directories, create article , submit to article submission, create blogs and submit it to blog directory and check the keyword density of your targeted keywords.
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

yahoo dir is $300, there are better ways to spend your money, like women lol.
  • pons_saravanan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pons_saravanan

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes i also dont want to spend money, Since we have other alternative ways to get listed. Getting listed in directories and posting articles will help in frequent crawling. but i need my site to be indexed. msn bot and yahoo slurp is crawling mysite regularly...

btw stevan i red some artcles, states that if the html is invalid then yahoo and msn will not index the pages effectively. I am using an online wysiwyg editor that is not compatible with xhtml 1.0 specifications. i am now thinking whether this is causing yahoo and msn to ignore my site from indexing.
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm its interesting, your domain is over 11 months old, so you should definatly have more than 7 pages indexed by yahoo.

You are also right, your code is not up to scratch. If you go here

http://www.gritechnologies.com/tools/di ... gebase.com

you can see your site has some issues. Even more interesting is this

Procedure or function 'SP_LogVisitors' expects parameter '@UserAgent', which was not supplied.<br> Please see the log for more details

I am not sure if this is my spdier software or your website, im assuming that your trying to apply some sort of cookie/session upon connect then checking it as the page loads.

If this is the case, give yourself a freakn hand, your the first person I have seen besides myself to build their own analytical system into the their site, and you deserve a freakn medal. Good *plum*. However, may you need to consider using an

If not IsNull(Variable) on what ever the code/fucntion that is sitting this error, you have to remember that bots have thier cache, cookies and session info disabled, you can tell a bot is crawling your site as your DB will have hundreds of rows with
PageName, IP, UniqueCookieID ( always 0)

if it is not your code, then hmmmmm, who knows. If it is your code, you can send me the main page and ill have a look if you dont know how to fix it.

The only other thing I can say is that, yahoo likes to get paid, they have this service where you pay like $50 or maby it was $90 and they slap you in their index, and then re crawl your site at least every 7 days.

There is a reasnobly high chance that they dont index all the pages of people who dont pay the money, unless they have huge numbers of backlinks etc.

Fact is, poodle can see your site, google has indexed 94 pages of your site, yahoo and google bots are not that much different in what they can see / not see so its just as likely this is the case, especially if yahoos spider is crawling all the pages on your site (And you havnt given them a sitemap, either manual upload into their site explorer, or in your robots.txt file), they only showed one page of my site (Same with MSN ) until I had more than 250 backlinks, then they included more of my site, but still not all.
  • pons_saravanan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pons_saravanan

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes i am using the stored procdeure 'SP_LogVisitors' to log the visitors ip address and country, referrer and the page they are viewing etc.

this bug is because of some missing rows. i will fix it this week. since i have the data of my sites visits i can analyse what key words are being used frequently, and what kind of browser , user agent etc..

i am submitting the modified sitemap with last modified tag every time when i am making the changes to a page(to both yahoo and google).

As you said I hope the back links are insufficient in my case. let me wait till i am getting enough backlinks.

thanks for your response.
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

np, if you are using the SP_Logvisitors' then I would think there is a chance this MIGHT have something to do with it.

Dont forget that using google analytics along with your own IP recorder is not a half bad idea.

I have google analytics because their site makes it easier to read the important info easily while I am still developing the back end of my analytics program.

Fix the bug, then wait a week, if you havnt been indexed faster, go and pay someone like arnold $6 submit your URL to 200 directories, this will speed the process up.
  • pons_saravanan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pons_saravanan

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks steven i will try google analytics as well
  • twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84
  • Loc: Mount Savage, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there,

I think Yahoo was updating their search engine.

From things I have read in other forums, people were getting very strange results when using their engine within the last week.

I just redesigned my client's website, so I have fresh content everywhere. Yahoo still has not indexed hardly any of the pages.

Maybe we will see results over the next two weeks.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
admin@codebuyers.com

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts