Yahoo Directory and paid listing

• iliya428
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Finally, my website appeared in Yahoo Directory ($299), also I've paid for search engine inclusion (basic, $49) about a month ago.

No new traffic. Yahoo Basic Search report indicate zero positions and zero clicks. Weblogs also do not show any activity from Yahoo.

Any suggestions? Website: http://www.uptimeinspector.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• alans
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

It will take some time. You also should do some more free directory submissions which will give some more back links.

alan
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Yahoo Directory really isn't going to bring you a lot of traffic on it's own. But, I am a big supporter of the Yahoo Directory. Once you are in their, this will help a lot with your free search Yahoo positioning. It also gets you an authoritative link pointing you site.

The overall process of getting traffic and positioning will take time. Right now your site is new, so not many will exchange links with you. I would make sure to setup a link's page on your site, so you can at least come some Pagerank before the next update, which will allow you to exchange links. For now, all you can do is submit to free directories or submit to paid ones. Here is a list of paid with affiliate programs:

http://www.ozzu.com/other-search-engines/paid-directories-with-affiliate-programs-t78544.html
  • GiorgosK
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: geoland.org > Greece

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the previous posters,
yahoo directory will have long term benefits.

for links to your site, you can either get some paid links for a low cost per month (of even permanent links) or get some friends to link to you, or link this site from you other sites that have some PR already.

If its worth anything to you, probably on this next upcoming google update you will have at least PR5 then you will be more comfortable exchanging links with others, but maybe you should already set up a page for links (for you link exchanges)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts