YAHOO Directory Submission

• markov
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • markov

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do have a site which reviews the products and so it has affiliate links in it. The site gets a good amount of traffic from MSN and a little from GOOGLE. The keyword is in the top places of MSN, and for GOOGLE it is in top 50-60 results....(and so little traffic from it).

But the story is different in YAHOO, it's indexed that's it and once when i checked the SERP it was after top10 pages.

What should i do to get into the top places for YAHOO? Should i submit my site in the yahoo directory? Will it accept my site for submission? As some say that it will not refund the amount ($300), so what should i do? Does the review sites with affiliate links can be submitted in the YAHOO directory?

Any suggestions are well appreciated. Thanx in advance.
  • alans
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes that's true submission fee $300 is nonrefundable and no guarantee of listing. Well you can try other high pr directory submission so that will provide some help and submit your site to Dmoz.org and then wait for the results.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I always recommend the Yahoo Directory. It not only helps your positioning in Yahoo Search, but Google even recommends it:

"Submit your site to relevant directories such as the Open Directory Project and Yahoo!, as well as to other industry-specific expert sites."
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

markov wrote:
I do have a site which reviews the products and so it has affiliate links in it. The site gets a good amount of traffic from MSN and a little from GOOGLE. The keyword is in the top places of MSN, and for GOOGLE it is in top 50-60 results....(and so little traffic from it).

But the story is different in YAHOO, it's indexed that's it and once when i checked the SERP it was after top10 pages.

What should i do to get into the top places for YAHOO? Should i submit my site in the yahoo directory? Will it accept my site for submission? As some say that it will not refund the amount ($300), so what should i do? Does the review sites with affiliate links can be submitted in the YAHOO directory?

Any suggestions are well appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Well, its widely recommended to submit your site to Yahoo directory and also to other higher PR Dir's.

Again work on your on-page factors to check that keywords and internal linking structure, and other things are proper, if not than fixt it correctly. Add some new keyword rich stuff .......and have a little patience..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts