Yahoo! Messenger Trouble

• bazigaar_no_1
  • Loc: close to PC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was using Y! messenger 8.0 since a couple of days. Suddenly one day, when I entered my username and password and clicked on "sign in", it gave an error saying that "We cannot connect you to Yahoo!" and then it returned to the signin mode... I opened IE and logged into Y! mail, but that was working fine.. Somehow Y! messenger was not working and kept on giving errors while signing in...
I also tried all 4 connection preferences but nothing seemed to work...

That day I had installed 2 new firewalls on my PC : ZoneAlarm and Armor2Net. I checked out both the firewalls and none of them were blocking Y! Messenger. Finally I uninstalled Y! messenger 8 and started to download Y! Messenger 8.1 but during the installation process the wizard prompted me to download a diff. version of Y! messenger from a different link which was a 8MB download. I did that and installed that Y! Messenger too. But now It gave me an error saying "We cannot connect you to yahoo!" and gave me 3 options : Try Again, Configure Proxy and Help..

Then I uninstalled Y! Messenger, both the firewalls and then restarted my PC. Then I reinstalled Y! Messenger (not 8.1 but the one I got from the diff. link) but still I can't connect to Yahoo!

I also logged on in Trillian but it also cannot connect me to Yahoo! But I can sign in using Meebo...

I am so irritated since the past few days... please please please help me...
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

At the login, click Messenger at the top and click connection preferences. Try the "No Network Detection" option or try the other options.
  • bazigaar_no_1
  • Loc: close to PC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tried with all those 4 connection preferences : NO Proxy, No Proxy w/ Firewall, Proxies and No Network Detection... but none are working.. :((

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts