Yahoo Real Estate

• SniperRyan
  • Born
  • Born
  • SniperRyan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone,

I'm the "web-guy" for a real estate investment company in Tucson. Recently checking through the referral links on our site I came across a few links from Yahoo. Following them back through revealed that Yahoo is listing our properties (pictures and all) on Yahoo RE.

I think the extra publicity is great, however, we'd like to get ALL of our inventory listed if possible. Does anyone know anything about Yahoo's crawler in this instance? Anything I can do to get more of our inventory listed with them?

Here are some samples of what I'm talking about:

Our listings: http://www.deedtrader.com/Nav.aspx/Page ... mID%3d3872

Yahoo's listing: http://realestate.yahoo.com/display/rea ... 7014&intl=

TIA,
Ryan
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I din't look to far into the Real Estate section of Yahoo, but this may be what is happening.

One of my clients is a huge Ornament company. I noticed that 1/2 of their products were listed on Yahoo Shopping. What I wanted was all of them though. What Yahoo did was added the products as "fill" for their shopping site. The only way I was able to get all my products listed was to sign up and enter their ppc program. Now all the products are listed.

This is what might be happening with your real estate. You may want to look into what you have to do to list your products, but I am guessing their is a cost.
  • SniperRyan
  • Born
  • Born
  • SniperRyan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, I'll look into what it would cost, but I suspect it probably wouldn't be worth the extra $. I was hoping maybe there was some reason the crawler picked up one or two properties over the others.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts