Yahoo Slurp hitting my site, but not indexing?

• Jibran
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Lucknow, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I just installed an analysis script onto my site and noticed that Yahoo Slurp has hit my site atleast 278 times in 8 hours. Yet a site:pottersrealm.com search on Yahoo lists just one page! :( Whereas Google has 4540 pages indexed so far.

Any reason? Check out my site at: http://www.pottersrealm.com

Also I have added some new pages, I would like to know if the internal pages these link to are crawlable?

1: Page 1
2: Page 2

Thanks. :)[/url]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Search engine spiders are not instant. You're not in the index as soon as a bot has loaded your page. It won't appear in the index until the page is deemed popular & reliable enough to include. If there's other pages linking to it, and the page stays online for a while, it'll eventually get indexed.

Just be patient :)
  • Jibran
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, I'll try to be, but how come more than 4500 pages of mine are indexed by Google then?
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cuz they're different companies and do things different ways and at different speeds. Just the same as any two companies in any industry producing similar products.
  • Jibran
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

But this is getting a bit ridiculous - 1700 hits today and still only one page is indexed!
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

don't worry, if the search engines CAN index your pages, they will do. If they can or not is entirely up to you, but it looks fine to me. Be patient :)
  • SEO_Pro.
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: SLC, Ut

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you make this site yourself using Dream Weaver or something? Did you do all the database work yourself or are you using some kind of shareware etc.? Well done on the web site lots of pages etc.. I would like to put something like this together for myself sometimes but it would be something I would be doing on the side you know... I work salery pay for an SEO firm and I have to play by their rules, but I can do what I want on the side. What do you recomend for generating alot of pages fast etc.?

Thank you,

Jacob Kerr
  • Jibran
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have used PHPNuke, but the theme design, and most of the blocks are my own coding. PHPNuke is a great start if you have knowledge of PHP programming and stuff. Generates pages fast, and since it is open source, you can always modify it to suit your needs. My Nuke is far too modified to be called Phpnuke even ;-)
  • Jibran
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're most welcome Jacob. :) BTW, could someone please check my site and let me know if it is a bit slow or something? One person has been eating my head saying that the site is slow, but others have never complained.

Thanks.
  • pbradish
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pbradish

Post 3+ Months Ago

doesn't seem slow at all to me. :)
  • krisna
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: bali

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I visit your site, I need one half minutes to view it with 128 kbps. maybe you need image reducer
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

PHPNuke isn't easily spiderable though, and there are mods out there, but it can take some work to get them happy with the search engines.

Yup Jibran, your site is kinda slow, but that's another drawback of PHPNuke.
  • nxb22833
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nxb22833

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will recommend you use one of the Google Taps available for PHPNUKE. If you go to phpnuke.org or nukecops.com and do a search on GOOGLE TAP, you will get there. It makes your Nuke SE frinedly.
  • nxb22833
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nxb22833

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry,

I wrote the post without visiting your site, and I see that you already have. Nice theme by the way. Check your PM.
  • Jibran
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

krisna wrote:
When I visit your site, I need one half minutes to view it with 128 kbps. maybe you need image reducer

I think I need one now. Any idea which is the best? Oh and almost forgot - since the day I started using Google's Sitemaps, Yahoo has been hitting my site to the tune of 20-25 times a day! :shock: Anybody else noticed this?
  • nameslot
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am also experiencing the same thing here.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts