Yahoo Statistics

• Shawn
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Shawn

Post 3+ Months Ago

Recently when you searched for my main term on yahoo, the first two listings were sponsored then the rest of the page was free listings. Now, I guess they're realizing they make more money on those, so now they have four sponsored listings (the top four bidders) and at normal screen resolution, you can't even see the free listings without scrolling down. My question is, Im the number 1 & 2 spot on yahoo for free with that term, but now with this change, many people might not even see the first free listing...or do they? What do you think? What percentage of people click on the free listings as opposed to the paid listings? And, do you think it's worth paying per click if you're #1 on the free listings?

Thanks,
Shawn
  • eCommando
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • eCommando
  • Loc: California, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If i am # 1 on the free listing, i might still pay for the paid listing also. But it will depend on ROI.

I have seen some ecomm sites with #1 listing on google, paying to be #1 on the paid listing also.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not everywhere has 4 sponsored listings at the top of the page. I have a few with 3 and even with 2. It all depends how competitve the term is.

With the paid listing, like eCommando said, it all depends on your ROI. I would check on the cost of the term itself. You should be able to check with Overture, because the sponsored listings are from there.
  • webcertain
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webcertain
  • Loc: uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I have seen some ecomm sites with #1 listing on google, paying to be #1 on the paid listing also.

It's a question of reach: some people :cry: (this is my approximation:20% for Google users and more for the other se) will only click on the sponsored links. Even with an excellent organic visibility, without a ppc campaign you can just forget about them..
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

My .02, I almost always make it a point to NOT click the paid links.
  • webcertain
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webcertain
  • Loc: uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I almost always make it a point to NOT click the paid links.

So do I, in fact if one sponsored link interest me then I just type directly the URL in the browser..
But some people don't realise that the listings are paid for, and many more don't care as long as the site is relevant to their search..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts