ACER laptop does NOT start-up :(

• IT-Tech
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • IT-Tech

Post 3+ Months Ago

sounds like the computer is a paperwieght, have u tried flashing the BIOS or using an external keyboard to enter the BIOS?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• brandonharo818
  • Born
  • Born
  • brandonharo818

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got the answer to your problem.

I ran in to this and dont know if you guys found the problem but I had an acer for years, and if you own a acer this becomes common, and it is easy to fix as it will happen sevral times wile you own and acer you will need to get used to this process of fixing it, I read some of the posting I noticed that the majority was the black screen and no boot, green light and battery light on, and some others that where a bit diffrent problem that where not easy to fix,

well enaough said, know to fix the black screen no boot, I would explane but think if you see it done on youtube will be easy to do it, so here is the link, let me know if this helped, good luck.

search on youtube for this, it will be lowendgurru and you got the right one

01 How to fix the Acer Aspire One black screen problem - flash the BIOS
  • craignigel
  • craignigel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello

Thanks for taking the time to reply and I have watched the video. It certainly is worth a try. I was thinking that the problem was with the video card but it makes sense that it could be a corrupted bios as it doesnt even try to boot up. At present it is behind the chair doing nothing(I had to buy a new computer) so I have nothing to loose.

Many thanks and I will let you know.

Nigel in Spain.
  • craignigel
  • craignigel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi again

Tried the method but nothing. I tried different USB flash drives but couldn't get it to flash the bios. Nothing on screen or attached TV.

Guess it must be the display card.

Many thanks for trying

Nigel
  • gerryferret
  • gerryferret

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have an Acer TM 6292 which has been giving me the horrors as described in most of the previous posts. It is now 6 years old and it has been my workhorse, so I cannot really complain too much. I got it because I had (and still have) an Acer TM 4220 series which worked so well it encouraged me to get the 6292. It gave none of the problems described. However, the 6292 is a horse of a different colour. It is so unpredictable. When it starts to work, it works well but I do not dare put it to 'hibernate' and even 'sleep' is risky. I have replaced the hard drive, changed from XP to '7', increased the RAM and most recently done a reformat. The fan starts to run almost as soon as it is switched on and keeps cutting in and out. Now and then a program will 'hand up'. I am going to replace the Acer and use it for experiments or whatever. I hope all of you find some kind of a solution with your problems. Acer flattered me to deceive. I will use another brand. I wish you all a HAPPY PROBLEM-FREE 2014, probably best to stay away from Acer.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 155 posts