An HTTP cookie (also called a web cookie, Internet cookie, browser cookie, or simply cookie) is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer by the user's web browser while the user is browsing. They were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember stateful information, which allows your device to maintain a consistent, cohesive experience while you visit multiple pages of that website or return at a later date.
While visiting Ozzu, the cookies set by us are called first party cookies and are generally used to make your experience at our website better. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting you in navigation, showing you threads or posts that you have read or not read, allowing you to authenticate with our website and remain logged in while visiting numerous pages, and optionally remaining logged in if you visit us again at a later date. These cookies may also be utilized for basic analytics and measurement to help distinguish visitors from one another.
We also use third party cookies that may be set when visiting our website. Third party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. So for example while visiting Ozzu, if we use a Google service that sets a cookie from a Google related domain, that would be a third party cookie. Third party cookies that we utilize generally do not impact the level of experience you will get when you visit our website, but they can be useful for us in improving the experience that we offer you at Ozzu.
These cookies are necessary for our website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. Some of these may be set to maintain a persistent session on our website which allows you set personal preferences, fill out forms on our website, login to your account, or purchase products or services. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of our website may not work correctly then. Cookies that are set under this type:
- Cookie Consent — This cookie keeps track of your preferences related to what types of cookies we are allowed to set on your browser. This cookie uses the name: cookie_consent.
Session — This cookie stores a session ID that is referenced in our database
and which allows you to persist state information between page requests on our website. This cookie
uses the name ozzu_session. The ID stored in the cookie is used to retrieve existing
session data that can be used for numerous things including but not limited to:
- Assisting you in filling out forms on our website.
- Providing information, alerts, or error messages on subsequent page loads.
- Allowing you to login to your account and to remain logged in on subsequent page loads.
- Pre-filling form fields with information on your account, or data you recently entered into a form.
- Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) prevention by utilizing tokens stored in the session and comparing to tokens passed through form requests on our website.
- Assisting in keeping track when your communication preferences were last checked.
- Allowing you to return to pages you recently visited.
- Web Socket Session — Allows two-way interactive communication between your web browser and our website. This allows messages to be pushed to the browser instead of the browser having to poll the server to check if there are updates. This can be used for real time notifications on the website and updating content without having to refresh the page. One such example is when browsing threads, if someone posts something new you will immediately see the new content without having to reload the website. Another example is for real time chat with staff or other members of the website. This cookie uses the name io and stores the web socket session ID.
A list of all required cookies in an easy to read table format:
|cookie_consent||Contains information related to what cookies you have consented to.||ozzu.com||1st Party||1 year|
|ozzu_session||Contains a unique identifier linking you to a session in our database.||ozzu.com||1st Party||30 minutes|
|io||Contains a unique identifier linking you to web socket session.||ozzu.com||1st Party||Session|
These cookies make it possible to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks.
- Remember Me — When logging in to our website you can check a box to be automatically logged in each time you visit our website. This will set a cookie that will allow you to stay authenticated indefinitely or until you manually logout. This cookie uses the name with the variant remember_web_*random_characters*.
- A/B Testing — We may run tests on our website where content that is displayed to the user varies depending on what group they are randomly placed into. This allows us to improve the experience for our visitors by comparing two or more versions of a webpage against each other to determine which one performs better. This cookie uses the name with the variant abtest_*random_characters*.
A list of all preference cookies in an easy to read table format:
|remember_web_*random_characters*||Contains unique identifier to login automatically.||ozzu.com||1st Party||10 years|
|abtest_*random_characters*||Contains information related to AB testing group user is in.||ozzu.com||1st Party||1 year|
These first party cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our website. This helps us to know a variety of things including knowing what pages are the most and least popular, how visitors move around on the website, what traffic sources brought visitors to our website, trends and/or changes with our traffic, and to identify any issues or problems that may need to be fixed by looking at where visitors are dropping off or possibly changing devices.
- Google Analytics — This service from Google allows us to gather information so that we can better understand visitors interactions with our website so that we can improve the services and products we offer. With Google Analytics we can look at trends, where our traffic is originating, how long people in general visit different pages of our website, and measure or track different advertising campaigns and their overall effectiveness. Cookies that are utilized with this service have the names: _ga, _gid, _ga_*, _gac_gb_*, _gac_*, and _gali.
- Google Tag Manager — This service from Google allows us to manage different scripts that get loaded onto Ozzu, usually in a dynamic manner depending on your cookie preferences with Ozzu. When Google Tag Manager is working with Google Analytics it may sometimes set a similar first party cookie as Google Analytics' _gat_UA cookie that has the name: _dc_gtm_UA-*. According to Google's documentation this cookie is used to throttle request rates.
- Affiliate Tracking — When one of our affiliates refers a visitor to Ozzu they use a unique link that contains their affiliate ID. When this visitor clicks the link and lands on our Ozzu website, the affiliate ID is stored in a cookie within the visitor's browser. If this visitor creates an account on Ozzu, the affiliate is provided credit for referring that new Ozzu member, and any future purchases made within the first year may award the affiliate with commission on the sale. No personal information will be revealed to the affiliate. The first party affiliate tracking cookie expires 90 days after the link was clicked and uses the name: ozzu_aid.
A list of all analytical cookies in an easy to read table format:
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.||ozzu.com||1st Party||2 years|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users.||ozzu.com||1st Party||24 hours|
|_ga_<container-id>||Used to persist session state.||ozzu.com||1st Party||2 years|
|_gac_gb_<container-id>||Contains campaign related information between Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts.||ozzu.com||1st Party||90 days|
|_gac_<property-id>||Contains campaign related information between Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts.||ozzu.com||1st Party||90 days|
|_gali||Helps to determine which links on a page are being clicked.||ozzu.com||1st Party||90 days|
|_dc_gtm_<property-id>||Used via Google Tag Manager to throttle request rate for Google Analytics.||ozzu.com||1st Party||1 minute|
|ozzu_aid||Contains unique affiliate ID to provide credit for referral.||ozzu.com||1st Party||90 days|
These cookies are set through our website by our advertising partners and/or affiliates. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other websites or used to determine the effectiveness of an advertising or marketing campaign. They work by uniquely identifying your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will not experience our targeting advertising across different websites and affiliates will be unable to attribute any actions you take on Ozzu to conversions. You will also not see ads on our website personalized to your interests.
- DoubleClick — When targeting or advertising cookies are enabled, this service from Google will also be enabled via Google Analytics' Advertising Features so that we can remarket to you on different websites via a unique identifier tied to your browser. In addition if users have enabled Ads Personalization with Google, then Google is able to use information from its user's signed-in data to develop a holistic view of how those users interact with Ozzu from multiple browsers and multiple devices. For example, we might be able to see how users browse products on Ozzu with a phone, and then later return to complete a purchase from a tablet or laptop. Third party cookies will use the domain doubleclick.net and have the names: DSID, test_cookie, id, pm_sess, pm_sess_NNN, aboutads_sessNNN, IDE, FLC, RUL and PAIDCONTENT.
- Google Adsense — This is a program run by Google that allows publishers (such as this website) to serve automatic text, image, video, or interactive media advertisements that are targeted to the website's content and audience. These ads can also be targeted based on the user's interests. These advertisements are administered, sorted, and maintained by Google. Google's use of advertising cookies enable it and its partners to potentially set a cookie when a user visits a page on our website that shows Google Ads. The purpose of these cookies is to help target advertising based on what is relevant to the user, to improve reporting on campaign performance, and to avoid showing ads the user has already seen. Cookies can be set by Google, or the vendor who has their ad being shown, and due to unlimited number of vendors involved who are partnered with Google, it is impossible to provide you a full list of the names of cookies that can be associated with this service. Some common third party cookies that are set by Google or Google related domains like doubleclick.net or youtube.com have the names: NID, DSID, test_cookie, id, or ACLK_DATA. Some common first party cookies that are set by Google have the names: __gads or GED_PLAYLIST_ACTIVITY.
- Google Adwords — This is a program run by Google where advertisers pay to display brief advertisements, service offerings, product listings, and video content within the Google ad network to web users. In order to target users who have visited our website in the past, we place a Google remarketing tag or pixel which sets a cookie so that visitors can get added to our remarketing audience list. We can then create ads through the Google Adwords service to target and show ads on the Google domain or its partnering websites. Some common third party cookies that are set by Google or Google related domains like doubleclick.net have the names: NID, DSID, test_cookie, id, pm_sess, pm_sess_NNN, aboutads_sessNNN, ANID, AID, IDE, TAID, FLC, RUL, 1P_JAR, Conversion, YSC, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE__k, and VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE__default. Some common first party cookies that are set by Google have the names: __gads, FPAU, _gcl_dc, _gcl_au, FPGCLAW, FPGCLGB, _gcl_gb, _gcl_gb_*, _gcl_aw, _gcl_ha, SIDCC, SAPISID, SSID, HSID, APISID, SID, __Secure-1PAPISID, __Secure-1PSID, __Secure-3PAPISID, __Secure-3PSID, __Secure-3PSIDCC, __Secure-APISID, __Secure-HSID, or __Secure-SSID.
- Bing Ads — This is a program run by Microsoft that provides pay per click advertising on both the Bing and Yahoo! search engines. In order to target users who have visited our website in the past, we place a Bing Universal Event Tracking (UET) tag across our website which sets a cookie so that visitors can get added to our remarketing lists within Bing Ads. Cookies that are utilized with this service have the names: _uetsid, MUIDB, MUID, ANON, MR, and MH.
- Facebook Ads — Facebook allows businesses to create and target ads based on demographics, behaviors, or contact information. In order to target users who have visited our website in the past, we place a Facebook Ads Pixel which allows us to measure conversions, optimize delivery to people likely to take action, and to reach this customer again via retargeting and using a custom audience via the Facebook advertising platform.
- Affiliates — Some affiliates who referred you to Ozzu may have their third party beacons placed on areas of Ozzu that would be deemed important or helpful in measuring the effectiveness of the affiliate's campaign(s) including: 1) creating an account on Ozzu; or 2) completing the purchase of an item from the Ozzu Market. Before visiting Ozzu, and when visiting these affiliate's websites who referred you to Ozzu, these affiliates may have set 1st or 3rd party cookies on your browser that include the affiliate's domain or associated tracking domains that is outside of Ozzu's control. When the affiliate's beacon shows on Ozzu, it is possible that they would be able to see previously set cookies on their own domain or associated tracking domains when you had visited their website which may allow them to link you to other information they already have about you, if any. Please see any privacy and cookie policies on the affiliate's website for how they manage any data they have of yours.
A list of known marketing cookies in an easy to read table format:
|NID||Security, analytics, functionality, advertising with Google Adsense / Ads||google.com||3rd Party||6 months|
|DSID||Security, functionality, advertising with Google Adsense / Analytics / Ads||doubleclick.net||3rd Party||2 weeks|
|test_cookie||Functionality with Google Adsense, Google Analytics, and Google Ads||doubleclick.net||3rd Party||15 minutes|
|id||Functionality, Advertising with Google Adsense and Google Ads||doubleclick.net||3rd Party||13 months|
|__gads||Advertising with Google Adsense and Google Ads||ozzu.com||1st Party||13 months|
|GED_PLAYLIST_ACTIVITY||Advertising with Google Adsense||ozzu.com||1st Party||Session|
|ACLK_DATA||Advertising with Google Adsense||youtube.com||3rd Party||5 minutes|
|pm_sess||Security, Functionality with Google Ads||doubleclick.net, google.com||3rd Party||30 minutes|
|pm_sess_NNN||Security, Functionality with Google Ads||doubleclick.net, google.com||3rd Party||30 minutes|
|aboutads_sessNNN||Security, Functionality with Google Ads||doubleclick.net, google.com||3rd Party||30 minutes|
|FPAU||Analytics, Advertising with Google Ads||ozzu.com||1st Party||90 days|
|ANID||Advertising with Google Ads||google.com||3rd Party||13 months|
|AID||Analytics, Advertising with Google Ads||google.com, googleadservices.com||3rd Party||13 months|
|IDE||Advertising with Google Analytics and Google Ads||doubleclick.net||3rd Party||13 months|
|TAID||Analytics, Advertising with Google Ads||google.com, googleadservices.com||3rd Party||14 days|
|_gcl_dc||Analytics, Advertising with Google Ads||ozzu.com||1st Party||90 days|
|_gcl_au||Analytics, Advertising with Google Ads||ozzu.com||1st Party||90 days|
|FLC||Advertising with Google Ads||doubleclick.net||3rd Party||10 seconds|
|RUL||Advertising with Google Ads||doubleclick.net||3rd Party||12 months|
|FPGCLAW||Analytics, Advertising with Google Ads||ozzu.com||1st Party||90 days|
|FPGCLGB||Analytics, Advertising with Google Ads||ozzu.com||1st Party||90 days|
|_gcl_gb||Analytics, Advertising with Google Ads||ozzu.com||1st Party||90 days|
|_gac_gb_*||Analytics, Advertising with Google Ads||ozzu.com||1st Party||90 days|
|_gcl_aw||Analytics, Advertising with Google Ads||ozzu.com||1st Party||90 days|
|1P_JAR||Advertising with Google Ads||google.com||3rd Party||30 days|
|Conversion||Advertising with Google Ads||googleadservices.com||3rd Party||90 days|
|YSC||Security with Google Ads||youtube.com||3rd Party||Session|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Security, Advertising with Google Ads||youtube.com||3rd Party||180 days|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE__k||Security, Advertising with Google Ads||youtube.com||3rd Party||180 days|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE__default||Security, Advertising with Google Ads||youtube.com||3rd Party||180 days|
|_gcl_ha||Analytics, Advertising with Google Ads||ozzu.com||1st Party||90 days|
|PAIDCONTENT||Analytics, Advertising with Google Surveys||doubleclick.net||3rd Party||30 days|
|SIDCC||Visitor authenticity, prevent fraud and unauthorized access||google.com||3rd Party||1 year|
|SAPISID||Collects visitor information for videos hosted by YouTube||google.com||3rd Party||2 years|
|SSID||Stores user search preferences with Google and YouTube||google.com||3rd Party||2 years|
|HSID||Visitor authenticity, prevent fraud and unauthorized access||google.com||3rd Party||2 years|
|APISID||Personalizes Google ads based on recent searches and interactions||google.com||3rd Party||2 years|
|SID||Visitor authenticity, prevent fraud and unauthorized access||google.com||3rd Party||2 years|
|__Secure-1PAPISID||Builds interest profile to show personalized ads through retargeting||google.com||3rd Party||2 years|
|__Secure-1PSID||Builds interest profile to show personalized ads through retargeting||google.com||3rd Party||2 years|
|__Secure-3PAPISID||Builds interest profile to show personalized ads through retargeting||google.com||3rd Party||2 years|
|__Secure-3PSID||Builds interest profile to show personalized ads through retargeting||google.com||3rd Party||2 years|
|__Secure-3PSIDCC||Builds interest profile to show personalized ads through retargeting||google.com||3rd Party||1 year|
|__Secure-APISID||Builds interest profile to show personalized ads through retargeting||google.com||3rd Party||8 months|
|__Secure-HSID||Visitor authenticity, prevent fraud and unauthorized access||google.com||3rd Party||8 months|
|__Secure-SSID||Stores data about recently viewed ads||google.com||3rd Party||8 months|
|OGPC||Enables user preferences and functionality with Google Maps||google.com||3rd Party||1 month|
|SEARCH_SAMESITE||Mitigate risk of CSRF and data leakage with cross-site requests||google.com||3rd Party||6 months|
|UULE||Geolocates search engine result pages to assist in targeting||google.com||3rd Party||1 day|
Blocking or Deleting Cookies
The majority of web browsers (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Opera, etc) will also allow you to block or delete selected cookies (or all cookies) currently set on your device. Depending on your browser, further information can be obtained from the following links:
- Mozilla Firefox — https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Google Chrome — https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Microsoft Edge — https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-bb8174ba-9d73-dcf2-9b4a-c582b4e640dd
- Safari — https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411
- Opera — https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/