- Our, We, and/or Us: When any of these pronouns are used they are referring to Unmelted, LLC, the company that owns and operates Ozzu.
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified, directly or indirectly from that data. In particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that living individual. In other words, this is data that is unique to you, and can be used directly or indirectly to identify you.
- Data Controller: This refers to a natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purpose for which and the manner in which any Personal Data are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors: This means any natural or legal person who processes Personal Data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Data Processors in order to process your data more effectively.
- IP Address: An Internet Protocol Address, otherwise known as an IP Address, is a numeric label assigned to your device when connected to a computer network.
- Public Areas: A public area on our website is an area where you can share or post data that is available for anyone to see on the Internet. This includes, but is not limited to, numerous areas of our community including our discussion area, question / answer section, market, and making comments on articles, threads, services, or products.
How We Collect Information
In the course of providing you access to areas of our website including obtaining products or services, Unmelted, LLC collects and receives your Personal Data in a few different ways. Often times the sort of data you provide us will be optional, but sometimes certain Personal Data will be required to carry out activities such as fulfilling a contract, obtaining a product or service, or creating an account so that you can be authenticated into our systems. There are numerous areas where Personal Data may be collected from you including:
- Account Registration — This is where you initially create an account to authenticate into our systems.
- Account Updates or Modification — This area lets you update your account which includes modifying previous data or adding new data.
- Public Profile Information — You can add or update data on your public profile page.
- Billing Information — When completing a financial transaction in exchange for a product or service.
- Legal Contracts — Some products or services may require a legal contract. For example if you were to offer some of your products for sale in our market, you would be required to enter Personal Data so that the agreement can be binding.
- Browser or Mobile Device — We receive different types of information from your browser or mobile device.
- Information from 3rd Parties — To improve user experience, we offer the ability to create or login to your account via different providers such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google, amongst many others. When using these services we may receive Personal Data from these third parties to be able to authenticate your account.
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you. The Personal Data we collect will depend on the type of service you are requesting from us. Types of data we collect:
- Personal Data — While using any of our services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you, to complete a financial transaction in exchange for a product or service, or as part of a legal contract in order to provide you with a product or service. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your e-mail address, phone number, domain / website, username, name, company, street address, city, state, province, region, and zip/postal code.
- Usage Data — We may also collect information on how our website and services are accessed and used. This usage data may include information such as your computer's IP Address or proxy server IP Address, your general location, the domain name you requested, the website which referred you to our website, the name of your internet service provider, operating system and version, browser type and version, the pages of our website that you visit, the date and time of your visit, the time spent on those pages, how often you visit our website, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Personal Data and other information we collect are used for a variety of purposes including:
- To provide customer service.
- To provide and maintain services on our website.
- To notify you about changes or updates to any services or products that you are subscribed to.
- To allow participation in interactive features of our website including but not limited to our discussion area, question / answers, commenting on articles, threads, services, or products.
- To provide you with news, special offers, or general information about products, services, and events.
- To provide you alerts about your account, or areas you are participating.
- To analyze trends and to gather general demographic information for aggregate use.
- To provide you more personalized content or advertising.
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
- To ensure the security of our systems, detect and prevent fraud, and to detect and prevent unauthorized or unlawful system access.
Specific Personal Data we may process and the reasons or circumstances for when they are needed:
- E-mail Address — Needed as an identifier and a way to login to our systems if you choose to create an account on our website. An account is needed to participate in areas of our website or to subscribe to services and/or purchase products. If you ever lose access to our systems we may use your e-mail address to send you a special link so that you can reset your password and re-gain access to our systems. Under certain circumstances, and when clearly stated and authorized by you, we may also use your e-mail address to send you different types of messages all of which you have a choice to receive or not. If you seek customer support from us, we may utilize your e-mail address as a means to communicate with you. You can update your communication preferences by clicking the communication preferences button below:
- Phone Number — Your phone number is generally not required by any services or products on our website. Providing us your phone number is optional, but you may choose to provide your phone number to us if seeking customer support or if you want to provide us an alternate way to contact you besides your e-mail address.
- Domain / Website — Your website address may be required depending on the products or services you are obtaining from us. We may need your website address so that it can be authorized or licensed to use certain products or services you have obtained from us. Your website address may also be required if using web hosting with us so that we can setup and serve your webpages.
- Username — Needed as an identifier and a way to login to our systems if you choose to create an account on our website. An account is needed to participate in areas of our website or to subscribe to services and/or purchase products. Your username is visible publicly so care should be taken to choose one that is suitable for you. Areas your username may be visible publicly include but is not limited to our discussion area, question / answer section, customer support or contacting us, your public profile, and commenting on articles, threads, services, or products.
- Name — Your legal full name is only required if you need to complete a financial transaction in exchange for a product or service, or as part of a legal contract in order to provide you with a product or service. Your name will not be shown publicly on any parts of our website.
- Company — If applicable, your company name may be required if they are the entity that needs to complete a financial transaction for a product or service, or as part of a legal contract in order to provide your company with a product or service. Your company name will not be shown publicly on any parts of our website.
- Street Address — Your street address is only required if you need to complete a financial transaction in exchange for a product or service, or as part of a legal contract in order to provide you with a product or service. Your street address will not be shown publicly on any parts of our website.
- City — Your city is only required if you need to complete a financial transaction in exchange for a product or service, or as part of a legal contract in order to provide you with a product or service. Your city can also be optionally added to your user profile if you wish to share your city publicly which may assist in networking or creating relationships with others.
- State / Province / Region — This is only required if you need to complete a financial transaction in exchange for a product or service, or as part of a legal contract in order to provide you with a product or service. Your state / province / region can also be optionally added to your user profile if you wish to share your general location publicly which may assist in networking or creating relationships with others.
- Zip / Postal Code — This is only required if you need to complete a financial transaction in exchange for a product or service, or as part of a legal contract in order to provide you with a product or service. You zip / postal code will not be shown publicly on any parts of our website.
If participating in Public Areas of our community any content you create will be publicly accessible and will be attributed to your username. Your username will also link to a public profile where by default will be limited in scope revealing no Personal Data other than your username. Your public profile will also reveal statistic information about how you contribute on our website, when you became a member, reputation, badges, and show links to some or all of the areas you have contributed to. Optionally, at your sole discretion, you have the ability to add additional content on your public profile including a profile picture and description which can contain anything you want as long as it abides by our Term of Service and Acceptable Use Policy. Careful consideration should be taken if you choose to add any Personal Data to this page.
Please take appropriate precautions when posting on Public Areas of our website as to not include data that you may regret having public in the future. If you have found that you accidentally posted Personal Data in the past and want it removed, please contact us and provide us with the URL where the Personal Data is located that should be removed. We will work with you to remove any Personal Data within a reasonable timeframe.
Please note that once information has been posted in our Public Areas we cannot control what others might do with this information, and it is entirely possible other third parties will share your information on other websites. Thus, if you remove public information from our website, this will not remove your information from any others who re-published this information outside of our control.
Do Not Track (DNT)
DNT is the concept that has been promoted by regulatory authorities, in particular the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the industry to develop and implement a mechanism for allowing internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites. The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has been working with industry groups, Internet browsers, technology companies, and regulators to develop a DNT technology standard. While some progress has been made on this issue, it has been slow, and to date no standard has been adopted.
Disclosing Information to 3rd Parties
We utilize many 3rd party services for different purposes on our website of which we may share your personal information, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services. We require that these 3rd parties maintain the privacy and security of the personal information they process on our behalf. These 3rd party services assist us in performing different types of tasks which will be explained below.
We may utilize third parties to obtain an avatar image you have uploaded on another website. An avatar is an image that is associated with your account that is shown publicly on Ozzu. By default we will generate an avatar image based on your registered username with us; however, we will occasionally look to third parties to find a more appropriate avatar if using our generated default avatar. We work with the following third parties:
We may use third party services to help manage different tags (snippets of code or tracking pixels) that load on our web pages.
- Google Tag Manager — This is a tag manager solution offered by Google that allows us to easily manage and deploy tags without having to modify our website. Depending on what services are active and your cookie settings at Ozzu, unique identifiers such as your Ozzu user id may be passed through this service to other services.
Some pages on our website may use third party services to run challenge-response tests to help determine if a user is a human or a robot. This is commonly known as a CAPTCHA, or Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart . We use these challenge-response tests to help ensure that real humans are interacting with different parts of our community including contact forms, registration and authentication systems, areas in which users can post content, resources, marketplace items, and other areas where user input is sent to Ozzu for processing.
- Google reCAPTCHA — This challenge—response system which helps differentiate humans from robots works by collecting hardware and software information, such as device and application data, and sending this data to Google for analysis. This information collected helps to improve Google's reCAPTCHA service and for general security purposes. It is not used for personalized advertising by Google.
We may use third party service providers to monitor and analyze how our website is utilized.
Advertising & Marketing Partners
- Google Adsense — https://adssettings.google.com/
- NAI Members — https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
- Google Adwords — https://adssettings.google.com/
- Bing Ads — https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/ad-settings/signedout
- Oath — https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/privacy/controls/
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/ads/settings
This website may contain links to other websites that are not operated by us. This website and other websites operated by Unmelted, LLC are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other such websites. We strongly advise you to review the Privacy Policies for any website you visit from links found on our website.
We do not provide services for anyone under the age of 16 ("Children"). To create an account with us or to utilize any of our products or services you must be 16 years or older.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us so that we can take immediate steps to remove that information from our servers.
Security of Data
This website has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. All of our web pages are served via secure connections utilizing the HTTPS protocol which encrypts data that is sent between our servers and your computer. This helps to prevent eavesdropping or having data unintendedly intercepted by third parties. Any Personal Data that is stored in our databases are encrypted which requires special keys to be able to decrypt and read the data. For data such as passwords, we only store a one-way computed hash value. A hash is a one-way encrypting function that that makes it nearly impossible with today's technology to reverse engineer. That means that if you were to ever lose your password, we cannot recover it. Instead you would be required to use our password reset tool to re-gain access to your account.
Only authorized personnel have access to Personal Data stored in our databases. All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorized access to this information. This safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account.
Transfer of Data
Compliance With Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any Personal Data or other information about our users upon valid request by government or law officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including without limitation subpoenas), to protect your property and rights, or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or stop activity we consider illegal or unethical.
Your Rights and Choices under CCPA
The CCPA, otherwise known as the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, provides consumers residing in California specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
In certain circumstances, you have the following rights:
- Right of Access — You have the right to access your personal information that we have collected within 45 days of you making a request. Upon such a request the information will be made in a portable and easily accessible format. The information we provide will include categories of personal information collected, sources of that data, business purpose, third parties with whom the personal information was shared, and specific pieces of personal information that was collected.
Right to Deletion — You have the right to request the deletion of your personal
information, however, this right does not apply when we need to retain your personal data in order to do
any of the following:
- Provide you goods or services.
- Detect or resolve issues with security or functionality.
- Comply with the law.
- Conduct research in the public interest.
- Safeguard the right to free speech.
- Carry out any actions for internal purposes that you might reasonably expect.
Right to Non-Discrimination — You have the right not to be discriminated against
for having exercised your rights under the CCPA. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Threaten you with any of the above.
Personal Information Disclosed for Business Purposes
Over the last 12 months Unmelted, LLC has disclosed to third parties personal information for business purposes including auditing, security, debugging, short-term uses, performing services, internal research, and testing or improvement.
Please see Disclosing Information to 3rd Parties for full details on what information is disclosed to third parties for business purposes.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Unmelted, LLC wants to be fully transparent with the data we collect and how it is shared which is why we include this section for clarification. However, there is nothing for us to comply with here because Unmelted, LLC does not sell your personal data to anyone!
Exercising Access or Deletion Rights under CCPA
To exercise access or deletion rights as described above for CCPA, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by contacting us.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child (we only allow children 16 years or older to have an account on Ozzu).
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account or be logged in to Ozzu. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requester's identity or authority to make the request.
Your Data Protection Rights Under GDPR
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) , you have certain data protection rights under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Unmelted, LLC aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data whether you are inside or outside of the EEA. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and/or if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed — You have the right to know how we are using your Personal Data.
- The right to access, update or to delete the Personal Data we have on you.
- The right of rectification — You have the right to have your personal data rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object — In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data. This includes using your Personal Data for the purpose of direct marketing, scientific and historical research, or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
- The right of restriction — You have the right to block or suppress the the processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to data portability — You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- Rights of automated decision making and profiling — The GDPR has put in place safeguards to protect individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention. For example, individuals can choose not to be the subject of a decision where the consequence has a legal bearing on them, or is based on automated processing.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Unmelted, LLC is a data controller of your Personal Data.
Sales of Personal Data
Unmelted, LLC has not sold any personal information in the past 12 months.
Changes to This Policy
Unmelted, LLC 18429 Veterans Memorial Dr E #7522 Bonney Lake, WA 98391 United States