ByPass Novell login?

• lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

I have inherited a computer from work and wondered if there was a way to bypass Novell login? It doesn't want to recognize me even when I type in my proper username and password.

I've even tried checking 'Workstation only' and it still won't let me in. Ideally I want this removed so Windows (2000 Professional) just logs in automatically as this will be for home use.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
lionking
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Boot into Safe Mode, and go to Add/Remove Programs. You should be able to uninstall Novell Network Login from there.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

lucassix wrote:
Boot into Safe Mode, and go to Add/Remove Programs. You should be able to uninstall Novell Network Login from there.

Hmm, it stil asks me for my password and won't let me in. I am still at work here with it and can log-in when I am connected to the network - but when I get in and try removing Novell I cannot see it on the list of programs. I did try removing a desktop application launcher but the system said my account did not have enough authority to perform the removal.

Am I fighting a lost cause here?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you attempt to Bypass the Novell Client Login, you need to use a username and password of an Administrator of the local machine. Your Novell login option for workstation may not work if it's not a user of the machine. Once you log on with a Local Computer Administrator Username, you can uninstall the Novell Client.

If that doesn't work, boot to a Windows 2000 Installation Disk and go to recovery console. Rename c:\winnt\system32\NWGINA.DLL to NWGINA.OLD
Navigate to c:\WINNT\system32\
Copy MSGINA.DLL to NWGINA.DLL

This will replace the Novell Login with the Windows Login.
(*note - I'm about 90% certain that should work. Might want to do a bit more research on it before trying it.)
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
When you attempt to Bypass the Novell Client Login, you need to use a username and password of an Administrator of the local machine. Your Novell login option for workstation may not work if it's not a user of the machine. Once you log on with a Local Computer Administrator Username, you can uninstall the Novell Client.

If that doesn't work, boot to a Windows 2000 Installation Disk and go to recovery console. Rename c:\winnt\system32\NWGINA.DLL to NWGINA.OLD
Navigate to c:\WINNT\system32\
Copy MSGINA.DLL to NWGINA.DLL

This will replace the Novell Login with the Windows Login.
(*note - I'm about 90% certain that should work. Might want to do a bit more research on it before trying it.)

Thanks ATNO, I just need to find a 2000 Installation Disk and I'll give it a try...
  • N79ford
  • N79ford

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was wondering if you ever found out your problem I have the exact same problem but I am using windows xp pro, It will not let you edit the NTFS directory.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

The same fix should work in XP. But you need to know the local admins password.
  • keith_93
  • Born
  • Born
  • keith_93

Post 3+ Months Ago

I went to safe mode and it pops up the novell client help need tk bypass that compleatly don't know the admin or password for either it wad givin away at a garage sale and they moved since someone help please!!!!!!
  • keith_93
  • Born
  • Born
  • keith_93

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have windows. Xp either nor the money to get it

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts